Forum hörmann Index du Forum
Forum hörmann
forum de modelisme

Forum hörmann Index du ForumFAQRechercherS’enregistrerConnexion

:: Ridge on a brake disc ::

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Forum hörmann Index du Forum -> méca -> Mécanique
Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
Shannon

Masculin
Point(s): 5
Moyenne de points: 1,00

MessagePosté le: Ven 27 Avr 2018 - 06:43    Sujet du message: Ridge on a brake disc Répondre en citant

Hello,

The other day I checked the pads and discs on my Focus, and found the pads will probably need changing in a few months.  However on the discs the was a bit of a lip (not that much to be fair) however there was also a "ridge" on the inner face of one of the discs, where it seems the brake pad wasn't quite sitting in the carrier correctly meaning there's a few mm of disc face (3-4mm) that hasn't worn down like the rest of the disc (i.e. hasn't been used). After freeing off the pads I think its now being used (the brakes feel like they're bedding in a bit) however I'm unsure if I should change the discs as well as the pads.  Normally I'd just change the discs anyway, but this focus has a pair of large vented discs and even with 35% off they're £75 a pair for a decent mid-range brand so I'd like to avoid changing them if possible. Is it OK to use new pads with a disc like that or am I better off swapping the whole ensemble?

I didn't find the right solution from the internet.

References:
http://carmechanics.proboards.com/thread/4883/ridge-on-brake-disc
Company Overview Examples

Thanks

Publicité

MessagePosté le: Ven 27 Avr 2018 - 06:43    Sujet du message: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Forum hörmann Index du Forum -> méca -> Mécanique Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 1 Heure
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers:  

Index | Creer un forum | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation
onyx © theme by larme d'ange 2006